Dear Neighbors:
I hope everyone is enjoying (or sleeping off) the beginning of the new year. Have you made any resolutions? I have.
Doro's Must-Have Anti New Year's Resolutions For 2011
1. I'm not going to pressure myself to lose weight or to "get into shape". I've discovered that I like myself just the way I am. I may not be thin or especially toned, but when I look at myself in the mirror, I like what I see. Therefore, I do not intend to intentionally change a single thing about my appearance. Instead, I'm going to work what I have and to hell with anyone who doesn't like it. Go find yourself a trainer and leave me alone.
2. I'm going to fall in love and my feelings are going to be reciprocated. I have absolutely no idea how this is going to happen. While I'll stick with Chemistry.com, I'm not going to stress about finding someone. I already know that there is at least one someone out there for me. Whether we happen this year or in twenty years, I'm fine with that. I can wait. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy working my way through all the Mr. Wrongs I can find. Because eventually, I'm going to run out of Wrongs.
3. I'm not going to put up with any Bad Friend Bullshit. If you're my friend, act like one. Don't wait for me to call you. Call me. Drive up here to the high desert and let's hang out. Stop expecting me to drive for you. My car is older than yours and the Cajon Pass is a bitch.
4. I'm going to have more fun, with or without you. I'm finished putting things off because I'm waiting for my friends to have time to do them with me. I'm bringing back the 90's, a time when I would drive hundreds of miles to catch my favorite bands on tour -- all by myself. I drove cross-country to visit my brother and friends I hadn't seen in years -- all by myself. I took a cruise, once again, all by myself. Wait -- scratch that. It sucked.
5. I'm going to Italy. After that, I'm going to see as much of Europe as possible. Money is always the issue, but I realize that I have far too many resources to make money to use that as an excuse anymore. Sometime after my brother returns to his base from Afghanistan, I'm going to visit him and his family in Italy, and then do some traveling. It's time. You can either come with or enjoy the pictures when I post them on Facebook.
6. I'm not going to let you pressure me to do things I don't want to do. I have no idea how many parties, fundraisers, weddings and showers I've attended over the years while watching the clock so I can make the earliest exit possible. I spend all day at work being as nice as possible to everyone I can so that no one has anything to complain about. When I'm not at work, I'm going to do what I want. And I don't want to go to your fundraiser, so don't ask. You don't see me shoving a Tupperware catalog down your throat, do you?
7. I'm going to keep writing and working towards getting my work published. This last year, I have been surrounded by inspiration. I'm going to turn that into something tangible. As of this moment, I'm nearly finished with Tales From My Singlehood. I'm going to need some help getting it published. If you have any connections, I'd appreciate the hookup.
8. I'm going to give all of you plenty of reasons to keep returning to this blog. And on that note, thank you for giving me nearly 1,800 reasons to keep writing it! Yes, that's how many hits I've had on this page since I began it in May. In addition to my American audience, I want to thank my readers from across the globe for not only visiting, but returning. You are always welcome here. And if you have any blog suggestion, feel free to e-mail me at ItsDoro@gmail.com.
Happy 2011!!!!
Now go on with yourselves and don't take any shit from anyone. Including me.
You are wonderful, dorothy. Stay just as you are. You have a beautiful spirit. And, I totally agree with the thoughts in your blog. Woe, wouldnt that,be awesome to go to italy? I got to start saving now....no more clothese for a year to pay for the trip.
ReplyDeleteI'm not much of a clothes horse...my salary is pretty much eaten up by my living expenses, and there won't be any raises at my school for a very long time. So it's up to me to find other ways to bring in the money so I can have a fantastic vacation. :)
ReplyDeleteto serPlease let me know morw about the italy trip. I will di what I can to go. It would be awesome to hang out with you and suzan and of courseee
ReplyDelete