Friday, October 29, 2010

My Infatu-carceration

Dear Neighbors:

I was doing a bit of tipsy web searching this fine evening and I came up on...the prison pen pal address of a guy I used to date.

Really.

His name was Will and Christine introduced me to him. Mostly by default. She wanted to date his friend, but figured it would work out better if we doubled. So she had her guy and and that guy introduced me to Will.

Will was tall with laser-beam-blue eyes and a ton of sincerity. He'd spent most of his adult life in prison for...well...mostly taking things that didn't belong to him. At the time, I figured -- why not? If this is the kind of guy my friends think I should be dating, why not give it a try?

Turns out that I really liked Will. He wasn't very bright, but he was sweet enough to make up for it. And those eyes...I've never been one to swoon over blue eyes, but his were incredible. I went to his place and ended up watching "Finding Nemo" for the first time. He bought it to show his nieces.

We had a few months of fun before he wound up in jail on a parole violation.

He'll be out in 6 years. Should I stick around?

D

No comments:

Post a Comment