Saturday, July 24, 2010

E-Bullshit, Day Two

Dear Neighbors:

Yesterday I dutifully signed up for E-Harmony's Free Communication Weekend. What makes it different is that usually, members can sign up and not be able to speak to other members until they've forked over some money. On weekends like these, members can match and send messages to each other.

We just don't get any pictures.

Since I am not going to waste more money on this bogus dating website, I thought I could at least take advantage of their free weekend. Yesterday, I received six matches:

I closed 2 of them, based on their profiles (one lived with parents, the other was far too religious for me, and two others decided they didn't like me (one was the rocket scientist-- seriously -- and the other was a techie who was unable to use the correct spelling of "your"). The other two are still in limbo.

Today, I recieved three more matches. First, the teacher. E-Bullshit always sets me up with teachers. The next is a wildlife biologist from Oregon (I decided to check out men from other parts of the country -- I'm just as likely to end up with one of them as the guy down the street, right?) Finally, we have the school counselor. See a pattern here?

The worst part about it is that every time I communicate with a match (keep in mind that this is one-way communication until and unless the guy responds), I'm immediately led to a page where I can sign up for real and pay.

Keeping an open mind here...wish me luck. I'll need it.

D

No comments:

Post a Comment