Dear Neighbors:
![]() |
| Just thought it was funny. It's not a message to anyone. :) |
It seems that no matter what I do, I just can't keep up with technology. It's not a "duh, I don't understand it" thing, it's more of a "I like to live indoors, eat food and have a/c" thing. So, I was talking to Christine the other day and she was telling me about her smart phone (I still have a stupid phone) and she confirmed that she has 93 different applications on it. Ninety-three!!! And it appears that she uses most of them on a regular basis (how this is possible is beyond me. I call, I text, and if I feel like getting fancy about it, I include a happy face). Her husband, Derrick, has 30 apps, ten of them which came with the phone, but doesn't use most of them. He tends to keep the extras around in case he gets bored.
Turns out there's this game called Angry Birds and everyone is playing it. I mean, everyone.
![]() |
| Why are the birds so angry? |
When I log into Facebook, I notice that more and more of my friends are posting from their phones.
They even "check in" to places. Why, oh why do I need to know that you're having dinner at the Olive Garden in real time? If you tell me about it later, I promise I'll believe you.
was at Olive Garden
There comes a point where you just have to admit that you use apps at the same rate that other people sleep around. You use it, then ignore it until you feel the urge again. Whore. Some people hang on to the apps just in case. And then there are people like me, who use
![]() |
| This is how your smart phone feels. |
our cell phones to...make calls. Occasionally, we text. But that's about it.
![]() |
| This doesn't make me feel inadequate. |
Christine is an App Whore. Derrick is an App Hoarder. I, of course, am an App
Ignoramus.
Are You An App Whore/Hoarder/Ignoramus
Take this quiz to determine if you're an App Whore, App Hoarder or an App Ignoramus.
Once you've determined your score, click the "back" button to return to this page, and then click the link on the bottom of this page for your results. Please leave a comment with your score and title. It's okay if you're a whore. It's okay if you're a hoarder. And you already know I'M an ignoramus.




My score is 7. I'm definitely an Ignoramus.
ReplyDeleteMy score was a 3. Definitely an App Ignoramus. You described me perfectly and, yes, I am proud of it. I still have a prepaid phone that I spend approximately $8/month on, but I did at one point break down and get a phone with a qwerty keyboard to make texting easier. My son asked me if I had apps on my phone. I almost died laughing. ~S
ReplyDeleteI get the Angry Birds thing now, as I have downloaded it to my iPad and I'm stuck on level 2-1. Seriously. I might end up playing this thing all night!!!
ReplyDeleteI am an App Whore! Scored 34/40. It has gotten so bad I can use my Cell Phone to access my Desk Top. I have an app to cover boredom, 3 GPS locators (one for driving, one to hunt down the kids, and one to hunt for my phone, should it become lost.) I have two Navigation programs, and depending if it is short or long distance driving will determine which one I use. Both banks, five social networking sites. I can access the news or weather (2 apps for the weather). My horoscope, BioRythems and a period tracker. I have E-Bay, Pay-Pal and Amazon. Google Books and Kindle. My Calendar, Email and Google Reader. My Starbucks Card... yes, it creates the bar code for me because I always loose the dang card!
ReplyDeleteThree music programs, depending on if I am using 3G, downloaded from the PC or WiFi.
Four versions of Angry Birds that I bounce through.
Three instant message programs. AOL, GTalk and Yahoo.
I have an App to help me keep track of my Apps.
YES, I SAY PROUDLY, I AM AN APP WHORE!
Angry Birds is awesome!
ReplyDelete13. But I answered 50% for Question 3, because there was no answer for "None". :P
ReplyDeleteI got an 18, not sure exactly where that falls but that quiz was so hilarious.. I am loving your blog Doro! lol :)
ReplyDeleteLindsay
Thanks, Lindsay!
ReplyDeleteI hope you'll keep reading. You are an App Hoarder and you can find the results page here: http://mssinglesneighborhood.blogspot.com/p/quiz-results-are-you-app.html