Monday, March 28, 2011

Want To Contribute To My Book?

Dear Neighbors:

As you know, I've been writing a book about my singlehood and I'm coming to the end of it. I'm starting to look for agents and I'm determined to have it finished before this week is over. I have two more chapters planned before I come to the conclusion, one is going to be an interview with my mom, which is completed and I'm going to start transcribing, and a few of her older friends (one is 90 and moved to Riverside in the 30's) about what dating was like 50 or more years ago.  The second-to-last chapter will revolve completely on how people met their significant others.The last will be a conclusion.

I would love to include your "How We Met" and "Best & Worst Date" stories -- especially for my international readers! I would love to know what dating is like in other countries. I know sometimes I can be pretty bitter about love and all that I've missed out on throughout the years, but I think once you read the book you'll get a much better perspective on that.

If you want to be included, you can either reply to this blog posting with your story or send an e-mail to ItsDoro@gmail.com.  Make sure to include which story you're writing about, how long you've been together and if you split up (the best stories aren't always the most successful).   I will be finishing it this week, so I need your responses by Thursday. They don't have to be long, a few sentences to a couple of paragraphs is fine. If you have a friend who would like to be included, please feel free to copy & pass on this note.

Hope to hear from all of you!

D

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm going to take this as a no. You either have never found love, or you just don't want to share your stories with me. It's fine -- my book will be fantastic without you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over 3700 hits from 20 different countries and... radio silence. Speak up, people! Let me know who you are!

    ReplyDelete