Sunday, May 2, 2010

Welcome to My Singlehood!

Dear Neighbors:

I suppose I should start by explaining the reasoning behind this blog.

I'm four months away from 40 and single. Though I've always wanted get married, have kids and do the "never dating again" thing, it just hasn't happened for me. Of course, I did get off to kind of a late start, but we'll go into that later.

I wouldn't even say I've been particularly picky. I'm not looking for a Brad Pitt lookalike or a Bill Gates brainalike. I'd be pretty happy with a man who just liked me for me.

Because I'm a bit romantically-challenged (if romance were a school, I'd be on the short bus), I've followed the advice of my friends, even when they contradicted each other (you wouldn't believe how often that happens). Still, nothing. A few years ago, I got fed up with it all and decided to take some time off from this dating thing. Yes, I know that I'm not going to meet anyone if I don't put myself out there, but my other friend said that it'll happen when the time is right, so I figure it could go either way.

Three years later, I need to get back into it and I really don't know how.

My friend Christine has been encouraging me to write about my dating follies. I'll be posting both off of the top of my head, and from the drafts I'm planning to submit to magazines. Please enjoy, and please comment!

D

No comments:

Post a Comment