Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Rather Poetic Excuse For A Blog

Dear Neighbors:

I apologize for my long absence. I could blame it on many factors, any of which would be totally legit, but that's just boring. May I offer excuses in the form of a limerick or two?

I've neglected to write my blog
Because my head was in a bit of a fog. 
I lost track of time
And was kidnapped by a mime,
Who sold my snark somewhere in Prague. 

I've simply had nothing to write,
While sitting at this laptop every night.
One sentence is a feat,
And that I would delete
While screaming "It's not quite right!".

How about a haiku? Let's call this...

ADHD

Blogging funny stuff
Easy then, not so much now
My turn Words With Friends.
 

So you get the picture, right? Am I forgiven?

The last time I blogged was January. Since then, I spent two weeks traveling through Italy with my brother and his family by way of the airports in Ontario (CA), San Francisco, Frankfurt, Venice, and Houston. My trip was wonderful and I have plenty of stories to share. And I'm going to. I promise!!!

It turns out that I'm going to have lots and lots of time for that. Remember my foot? The one that hurts all the time? I'll be having surgery next week. Officially, it's a flat foot reconstruction, but it seems that my surgeon will be doing all sorts of things to reshape my foot into something useful. I'm a little nervous about the pain, but very excited to eventually get back to those things I used to enjoy. I won't be allowed to put any weight on it for at least 6-8 weeks. Total recovery time will be closer to three months. Tuesday, May 1 is my last day at work and the following day is the surgery. I'm bringing in a substitute to take over my class for the remainder of the school year. Her name is Beth and I had her daughter in some of my classes last year. I can't think of anyone I'd trust more with my classroom. Financially, I'm going to take a big hit, but once I'm up and walking again, I can get back to fulfilling my dream of becoming a prostitute. Kidding. Really. Sort of.

Before I call it a night, I'm going to leave you with the promise of more blogs. I've lots to say and no one to tell it to. Besides, I held back on a whole host of pictures from my trip just for you!

Apologetically yours,

D


No comments:

Post a Comment