Thursday, August 29, 2013

Darn That Goat!

Dear Neighbors:

My stress level has been at an all-time high for the last week, and I've been taking it out on myself in the form of nightmares. 

Last week, I dreamt that a group of animals was attacking me. Most were seemingly harmless dogs, but the real culprit was a rather tenacious goat. Yep, a goat. It was the size of a large dog and absolutely intent on ramming me over and over again. I kept trying to get away, but with no success. 

Last night, I had a similar dream, only the goat kept ramming the same spot on my left thigh over and over again. I had a bruise combined with a very large welt that I kept rubbing. Sure enough, I woke up still rubbing the "sore" spot on my leg that no longer existed. 

Some nightmares are easily understandable. I have recurring dreams about not being able to find a functioning lamp or lightswitch. This is an easy call since I am irrationally afraid of the dark. I also spend a great deal of time trying to dial a phone number and screwing it up each time so that I have to dial it again and again before I finally get it right.

During those strange nightmares, I tell myself that these things only happen in a dream, assure myself that they're not real, and I soon wake up. Not so much with the goat. 

I hope things get resolved soon, because the goat is really starting to piss me off. 

Sleepily yours,

D

1 comment:

  1. My friend Julie contributed a link that led me to this dream interpretation:

    Goat

    To see a goat in your dream represents your lack of judgment and your gullibility. Alternatively, goats are symbolic of sexuality, sexual desire, and lechery. Also consider the associations with the goat as in "scapegoat" or "getting someone's goat". Do you feel that you have been blamed for someone else's deed?

    To dream that a billy goat butts you forewarns of deceit, underhandedness, and lies.

    ReplyDelete